In this week’s edition of the Weekly Wrap I talk about the important of feedback for bloggers.
There’s a few key points that I make in the video:
- Low barriers to entry make it easy for anyone to set up their own blog or website.
- Just because you’ve got a blog doesn’t mean that you’ve automatically got something to say.
- You need to be obtaining feedback on the quality of your blog.
A lot of you know that I play guitar (I even play a bit in the video to make a point). A turning point in my guitar playing came when I set up a basic home studio. When I started to record my playing, I got a bit of a shock! I thought I was a good player, but listening to my playing on a recording, I realised that I was slightly out of time, and the tone of my guitar was shocking.
Thankfully, once I became aware of these deficiencies, I could do something about them.
It’s a bit harder to find these things out about your blog – it’s a lot less tangible or obvious than playing guitar.
I encourage you to find some bloggers you like and respect, and measure the quality of your blogging against theirs.
And before you hit the ‘Publish’ button on your next blog post, do some more self-editing and ask yourself if it’s the best thing you can produce, or whether you need to do a bit more work.
Hope you enjoy the video. Please leave a comment below.
Photo Credit : Nate Steiner
- Seth Godin Versus Michael Gerber – Who Wins?
- J.Crew Lessons for Bloggers
- Your Blog Business Plan – Why Should You Bother?
- What’s Your Blogging Routine?