I’ve been using the Headway Theme for WordPress since last September. Over that time there have been a couple of upgrades and a growing number of users.
I’ve had a couple of problems with the theme and both times my email to support has been answered promptly and the problem fixed.
The latest version of Headway Theme – 1.6 – has been officially released this week. It’s been available to current users for a little while, but the documentation is finally ready and the release has been made public.
Here’s a little bit about the upgrade:
Headway 1.6 brings many new features to the table including a skins and leafs API, importing and exporting of “styles”, body background images, and much more.
- All Headway features in the WordPress admin have been moved from the Appearance module to Headway’s own module.
- Administration panels have been redesigned.
- Skins and Leafs API. If you’re a developer, please refer the documentation on how to use the new APIs.
- You can now add a background image to your site with a simple image uploader.
- Ability to import and export design settings via Styles in the Templates panel in the visual editor.
- Default leaf sets. You can now set a default leaf set that will be applied to every new page you make.
- Ability to reset leafs on page.
- Faster and easier saving in the visual editor.
- Many speed improvements. CSS is auto-cached and the amount of queries have been reduced tenfold.
- SEO: Automatic page and post slug cleanup.
- Live CSS Editor. Edit your CSS and see the changes right before your eyes.
I’ve loaded version 1.6 to one of my sites and have found it much easier to use the visual editor. With the old version, you’d make changes, hit the save button and wait a number of seconds for the changes to update. In the new version, the changes are instant. The visual editor (which has been a feature for a while) is a great feature and makes it easy for people like me to make design changes without any CSS knowledge.
I’ll upgrade this site with the new version over the next week. I’ve also made a short video showing some of the enhancements which I’ll put up on YouTube and post here over the next couple of weeks.
I receive a number of visits from Google for people looking for information on Headway Theme. If you’re using it or have any questions about it, please leave a comment below.
- Headway Theme Review – Version 1.6
- Headway 1.5 Theme Review
- Headway Theme Version 2 Coming Soon
- Headway Theme 3.0 Review and Sneak Peak
- How To Hide Pages Using Headway Theme and WordPress